Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Silence

2 AM. I'm sitting in my living room, trying to ignore the general clutter, marveling over all of the Santas in my living room, and enjoying my lighted Christmas tree. It's been a pretty long day, even though it's my day off, it's also the one day when I can do all of my out-of-the-house errands. I'm tired, but happy. I got to hang out with a friend today, eat an awesome home cooked meal, work on my cross stitch for several hours, and watch some really inspirational TV.  (Face Off and Heroes of Cosplay. They are awesome. )

I can't really ask for better. Sure I'm too smart for my job, and I am one phone call in the middle of my sleep cycle away from murdering my boss, but who can honestly say they love their job, really?

I've been having trouble thinking what to write here. I have a craft blog where I write about my knitting (although, haven't done that in a few weeks. ), But the rest of my personal life isn't that interesting. I've been tired and struggling with my health lately, but I don't really want to complain all the time either.  I have a lot of time to think though. My husband is upstairs asleep, and I'm supposed to stay awake until 7 AM.

I'm really excited. I think Aaron and I are really going to enjoy Christmas this year, and I'm already looking forward to next year.  I'm starting a refresher course on January 5th, which means my joyful return to a normal day time five-day a week work schedule. In April there is Stitches South and the Atlanta Renascence Festival. ( I haven't been, people say it's good, and big, but can it compare to Maryland??).

 Amanda and I are going to try to sew costumes for the fair. I want mine to double as a cosplay of the white which from Hansel and Gretel.




 It's ambitious I know, but I've become convinced that the best way to become really really good at stuff is to just jump in feet first and always try to do the best you can. I'm hoping to do some simpler sewing projects first (project bag, pillow, less crazy things, you know?), but once the Ren Fair outfits are in the bag, I really want to turn my eye to leather. My ultimate goal is to learn how to make professional quality leather corsets!

In addition, I've decided I want to try to cross stitch a few things to decorate with for the 4th of July, and if anyone has watched Heroes of Cosplay or Face Off, then you wont be surprised to know that for my summer crafting attempts, I want to get some clay and latex, and try my hands at sculpting and fabricating! They sell these net screens that you can put over a garage door that I want to get, so I can use my garage as an art studio  with lots of fresh air and light, without having to share it with all the bugs!

Anyway, that's what has been going through my head this week!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty much the million little things are supposed to be whatever comes to mind..... one word or a whole long thing, so this works :) I watched face off once.... wow! That goes on the list of things I never would be able to do for sure. Never watched Heroes of Cosplay, though it does look interesting. We have way too many things on the list of shows to watch to add anything like that any time soon!

    That costume looks awesome! It's good to be busy. David and I had a "discussion" today on the difference between the dangers of say gaming and something like being addicted needle point. I thought of you guys and your projects :) And I know you guys do some gaming and the like too, but I know you have active and/or social things you do outside of them so you fit into my "as long as you arent destroying your real life" category as far as my opinion on that goes. Annnnnyways... I need to be busier. I'm far from crafty these days but I have too much time on my hands. Post pictures when you're done these things Lyndsay!

    We don't even have stockings up lol I think there was talk yesterday of a tree, but there was no talk today so we'll see! I just turned on Christmas shopping mode today I think. But I just have to do this...... Awwwwwwww to Lyndsay and Aaron's first Christmas together ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I thought about trying not to be all gross about the 1st Christmas thing, but then I decided to give up. You only live once :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of the blog was that even the little boring things are totally worth posting ;) I've been having trouble lately with non-mommy friends (or non-knitting AND non-mommy friends ^_-) because I want to talk about things, but the kids always end up being the dominant subject of my conversation because I'm at that point in my life right now. You're still in the newlywed phase so fun things like First Thanksgiving and First Christmas (and broken air conditioners and nuclear spills) are the main topic in your life right now. The stuff that seems boring to you is interesting to someone far away who doesn't see you everyday. It makes us feel close and connected despite the distance. Married people can identify with funny spouse stories (or frustrating ones) because either we've experienced the same thing or we will experience it later and remember talking about it. Health issues are universal, nobody is 100% healthy all the time, so even if I don't share your particular problem, I can relate because I've had my own issues come up.

    ReplyDelete